Anonymous asked: Hi there! Who are your favorite people on here?
Hello there, anon!
I’d say I’m a little partial to this person:
And a little less than flattered by this one:
But seriously, I couldn’t name my favorite people. There are far too many. If you go to my page it shows the icons of who I’m following. I’d suggest following all of them. ALL OF THEM.
Also, I’m super tired so maybe this was only funny to me.
- I “Instagrammed” the above photo and I kind of look like an Oompa Loompa.
- Woke up without any extra back pain this morning. I think that’s a pretty good sign.
- I had 7 miles listed today on my “training schedule while not in training.” I think I’ll shoot for 4 or 5 instead. I’d like to get around 25 miles in this week.
- It’s supposed to be 88 degrees today. Early morning runs will have to start soon. This means that I have to start getting to bed earlier. Unfortunately, it’s just so damn easy to push the next episode button on Breaking Bad.
- I still need to find a race between now and July, preferably of the 10K distance. I’m open to suggestions.
- Let’s kick this week in the face.
- Just a reminder that if you want to be awesome and donate to St. Jude, you can do so here.
Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new questions. Tag 11 new people and link them to the post. Let them know you tagged them. I was tagged by Kari.
1. Do you have a tattoo? If yes, post a pic. If no, what would you consider getting?
Something running related soon to come.
2. If you could see any band/artist in concert, who would you choose?
I love going to Incubus concerts. I think I’ve seen them 5 or 6 times and each time I just stand there in awe. Bob Dylan is great in concert. He’s my dad’s all-time favorite, so we usually go see him together. It’s a nice bonding moment for us and probably when he’s the happiest. I guess to answer the question, it would be taking my dad and nephew to see Dylan. I think it would be neat for my nephew to see how happy the music makes my dad.
3. I’ve got two tickets to paradise. Where are we going?
This question would change based on my mood, but right now I need a beach. Just take me anywhere where I can relax with a beer in the sun while listening to the waves.
4. What or who is your spirit animal?
Like Kari, I also had to take an online quiz for this. I think my result is interesting considering that I am actually an investigator. Apparently, I’m an owl.
Owls are keen, perceptive and skeptical. You’re adept at getting to the truth, making you an ideal investigator or attorney. Your insights into the less honorable side of human nature can make you a bit cynical, but your numerous friends appreciate the dark sense of humor it brings.
5. What do you love most about your job?
Ultimately, I love that I help people. I also love that I can leave my job at work. I can walk out of the office and not think about it again until I walk back in. I also don’t work any overtime, so the hours are nice. I still think I’d like to be more challenged, but in this moment I am content. That’s always subject to change.
6. Where is your happy place?
Obviously, pounding the pavement is one of my happy places. Otherwise, it’d be silly to run this much.
On the golf course at sunrise. There’s something so peaceful about the golf course early in the morning.
At Banker’s Life Fieldhouse or Great American Ballpark watching the Pacers or Reds surrounded by friends.
Anytime spent with my niece and nephew.
I also love people watching. I’m a pretty simple guy.
7. Book or movie?
I think I get more enjoyment out of reading, but I definitely spend more time watching movies. I love a good book and I love a good movie. I’ll say both, here.
8. Time for some humblebragging…what’s your favorite personal accomplishment thus far?
I think it would still be my first marathon. It wasn’t necessarily about my finishing time. It wasn’t about Boston or negative splits. It was celebrating the fact that I was still alive and hadn’t given up. I let a lot of negativity creep into my life there for a while and I felt a lot of that kind of float away at the finish line. The feeling of worthlessness was gone and I was standing on my own two feet. Well, kind of leaning more than anything, but I’m standing now and it’s because I didn’t give up back then. I didn’t give up on myself. I’m proud of that.
9. What are you looking forward to in the next month?
I don’t have any big events on the calendar for the next month. I want my back to stop sucking. I look forward to running again. It’s been 6 days and already I feel like I haven’t ran in years. I’m looking forward to Crossfit. The Pacers in the playoffs. Having a beer in the stands of a Reds game. Finding a 10k race to sign up for and PR. I haven’t ran a 10k race since 2011.
10. Do you have siblings?
I do. While technically she’s my half sister, I’ve never known her as anything but my sister. We have different fathers, but we grew up together and she’s always been there for me. She also paved the way for me with my parents. She got in all the trouble so anything I did paled in comparison. Thanks, sis. She celebrated her 37th birthday yesterday. We are getting old. Most importantly though, she gave me my niece and nephew.
11. What’s one of your favorite college memories?
It could take all day to answer this question. Actually, maybe not since most of the memories are pretty hazy. I enjoyed the hell out of college. I met some of my best friends while there.
I wore a Speedo in front of our whole campus….multiple times. Way too many 4 a.m. Waffle House trips. My buddy passing out in a tanning bed and me having to the climb the wall to wake him up and get him out. Another buddy falling out of our window drunk by 9 a.m. No worries, we were on the first floor.
Having my Women’s Studies professor bring a class of 30 something women to my dorm room to find me watching Boy Meets World in my underwear. To be fair, she warned me it would happen if I skipped class that day. Yes, I took Women’s Studies.
I miss college.
I’m not going to tag anyone. Answer if you’d like.
Just a few updates and ramblings:
- My back sucks less than it did, but still kind of sucks. I’m holding off on running until at least this weekend.
- On a related note, without running my thoughts tend to make me restless. I need to hit the road. I went on a walk yesterday, but it wasn’t the same.
- I forgot my Fitbit at home today. I feel strangely naked.
- Today is my sister’s birthday, so I’m having dinner with my family. Always a fun/interesting time. I wonder how many times I’ll hear, “Go see a doctor about your back, Bryon.” I’m guessing at least 10.
- Pacers game tonight which means my I’ll be extremely anxious/fidgety all day.
- This is very boring, isn’t it? Probably why I don’t get second dates very often.
- To sum it up: being injured sucks. I just want to run and post sweaty pictures. Dammit.