Indy Monumental: Week 11, Day 6 - 10K Row in 47:24
The picture of the rowing stats is awful, but I couldn’t keep my arms from shaking and the lighting was terrible. I think I could really like rowing. It’s too bad that my gym doesn’t have a machine and my guest pass is up tomorrow.
Somebody (the pretty one in the picture) is trying to use every excuse in the book not to do her 5 miles this morning,
Football the rest of the day, both on TV and in person. Go Hoosiers and Irish!!
Friday Five: (With 4 pictures)
- I had scheduled today as a vacation day from work before I knew Amy was visiting a day early. I felt bad this morning when she went to work and I didn’t, but it was still fun to have breakfast/coffee with her on a weekday.
- I tried out a new gym this morning. My gym doesn’t have a rowing machine (Planet Fitness), so I signed up for a guest pass to LA Fitness. I loved the gym itself, but the staff was incredibly rude. First, the guy argued with me that my pass was expired. I printed it two days ago. It says very clearly on the pass that you have 30 days to activate once printed and then can use it for 3 days. Once I explained to him how his guest pass worked, no one even offered to give me a tour or anything. So much for customer service. I was leaning towards signing up because it’s only $10 more a month and has a pool and basketball court. Now, I’m not sure.
- This was my first time ever seeing a rowing machine in person, let alone using one. I rowed 5k in 22:52. Is that good? I honestly have no idea. I then biked just over 5 miles in 20ish minutes and shot around for a few minutes on the basketball court. I’m so bummed that I have to stay off my foot. I could have spent hours alone on the basketball court. I then took my coffee and boot to Target for a new shower curtain. Thrilling, I know.
- Yes, that’s a picture of Women’s Running magazine. I’m posting it because the woman on the cover was my partner for this race. You should really read her story. Very inspiring stuff.
- I’ve only taken 3 days off, but I really miss running already. As much as I bitch and moan about training, it’s a huge part of who I am. If the race was tomorrow, I’d run through this pain. Unfortunately, it’s still 7 weeks away. Okay, enough with the woe is me.
Boot Date: (I figure if you can’t laugh about it, what can you do?)
- Bad news: I have tendinitis again. This time on the outside of the foot. I tried to change shoes mid-training and am now paying for it. I thought I was being smart. Per usual, I wasn’t. You live, you learn.
- Good news: Nothing is broken. Although, if I’m still hurting in a couple of weeks I will have to have an MRI to confirm that nothing is broken.
- Bad news: If I’m still in this much pain in a few weeks, I have to go in a hard cast basically to protect myself from myself.
- Good news: He told me to give walking/easy running a try on Sunday or Monday without the boot.
- Bad news: I have to take the rest of the week off from running and the next couple days off from everything.
- Bad news: My check engine light came on in my car when I left the doctor’s office. When it rains, it pours.
- Good news: I’m having ice cream for dinner. And leftover pizza. It’s my boot and I’ll wallow if I want to.
- Good news: irlamy is here this weekend and we are going to watch Notre Dame play at Lucas Oil.
- Good news: I’ve already altered my schedule and hopefully a few days off won’t hurt me too much.
Yep, that’s about it.
Oh, and lots of people will tell me to swim. I currently do not have access to a pool, but if this lingers I may not have a choice.
Indy Monumental: Week 10, Day 7 - Tempo 8 (6:45 goal)
Warm - 9:06
Tempo 8 - 6:45 average pace
Cool - 8:52
I hit my goal pace despite a horrible headache and a stupid foot. My paces are a bit all over the place, but so was my stride and breathing. Oh well, it’s done. Football time.
Week 10 results - 45.13 miles (skipped Friday’s 6)
Next week is not going to be much fun. 3 SOS workouts and almost 60 miles total on a still painful foot.
That last picture is brought to you by Andy Dwyer. That guy is a damn genius.
Indy Monumental: Week 10, Day 6 - Easy 8 - 8.01 miles in 1:04:26
I had to skip yesterday’s 6 mile run. My first skip of this training program. Not happy about it, but I know it was for the best.
During Thursday’s 10 miler I experienced a lot of foot pain. I woke up yesterday and couldn’t put much weight on my right foot. It turns out the Ravenna shoes were not my best friends at all. I bought them because I felt the tendinitis creeping back in and I thought a little more stability would help. It didn’t. They were rubbing the outside of my foot way too much. I took them back yesterday and exchanged them for the Brooks Launch that I have been wearing for the last few months. I really, really hope I didn’t do too much damage.
Anyway, I iced all day yesterday and woke up with less pain today. Instead of doing the tempo 8 that I had scheduled, I did Sunday’s easy 8. I still had minor foot pain, but it was completely manageable.
If I feel up to it tomorrow, I’ll do the tempo 8. If not I’ll either run easy or not at all.
Ice, football and grocery shopping. Nice little Saturday.