Just some ramblings:
- I’ve noticed that I don’t really post much anymore other than pictures and stats. I started this blog as to place to vent, but that has definitely changed. Part of that is the fact that I don’t have as much to vent about. I can’t complain too much about life at the moment, at least I shouldn’t. The other reason is because I’ve received some anon messages about being “cocky”, “arrogant” and “too good.” If I come across that way, I’m sorry. Definitely not my goal. Yes, I’m getting faster, but that’s because I’m working my ass off. I’m not sorry for that. Anyway, I’m going to try to blog more.
- I didn’t do a race recap from Sunday, but here it is in a nutshell. Checked into a disgusting motel about 12:30 a.m., slept until 5 a.m., couldn’t shower because there were no towels, ate graham crackers & peanut butter pre-race, didn’t have a single drink of water pre-race, long lines at porta potties prohibited me from using the restroom…but the weather was absolutely perfect. It was mid 50’s basically the whole race. Perfect PR weather.
- I’m going to need new shoes soon. I can’t believe how fast I am tearing through these things. I’m pretty sure I’m going with these. I wear Pegasus +28 now and these are the +29’s. I will put blue shoestrings on them.
- Speed work is really helping. I strongly recommend Yasso 800’s.
- However, my new philosophy for normal training runs is this:
- Eating - I now eat everything. Most of what I eat is healthy, but I eat a lot of it. I’m trying to get that back under control, at least a little. Towards the beginning my diet was way too strict. I found myself hiding in the corner of the cafeteria inhaling red velvet cheesecake. Why did I feel this was necessary? If I really wanted cheesecake, I shouldn’t have to eat it in secret, especially when I was just hiding from myself. Moderation is key. Geez.
- Strength Training - I did a really good job of hitting the gym 3 X a week for the first 4 or 5 weeks. Then, I went a couple of weeks without going at all. I’m trying to get back to 2 or 3 X a week.
- I also stopped posting progress pics. I’ll get back to that. Here is the progress through the start of Week 11/21. After the break.