Indy Monumental: Week 3, Day 3 - w/u, Tempo 6, c/d
My marathon pace is 7:03. Tempo runs (on the Hanson plan) are to be ran at marathon pace.
I hit all of my paces, but I never felt comfortable. It scares the living hell out of me that in 15 weeks I have to run at that pace for an additional 20.2 miles. I guess that’s why I’m in training, right?! Please say yes.
Notes on this run:
- I woke up at 4 so I could eat and digest before heading out at 5:15.
- This is not an exaggeration when I say this; I have never sweat that much in my entire life. I’ve come out of the pool more dry than I was after this run.
- I wore my headlamp as a belt. It kind of gave me motion sickness for the first couple of miles.
- Jay Z, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy and Eminem carried me through the tempo portion.
- I’m really looking forward to an easy 7 tomorrow.
- Edit: as I just told the wonderful Shortmom…I’m not quite freaking out, but I think the reality of how hard this is going to be smacked me in the face today. I’m ready for it.